Choose a Payment Processor
To use the client billing feature in Clocktree, you will first need to establish an account with one of these supported payment processors.
Add payment processor to Clocktree account
This requires Admin authority on your Clocktree account.
- Log in and switch to Admin role
- Click on Billing tab
- Click on Setup
- In the Payment Processors section, add a description (for internal use only)
- Select your payment processor from the Processor Type pulldown menu
- Complete the rest of the fields with the required info from your payment processor account
Enable the Client Billing service
Only Admins on your Clocktree practice can enable this service and assign billing capability to colleagues who will handle online billing for your practice.
- Log in and switch to your Admin role
- Click the Services tab
- Find the service called Client Billing and click the Edit Service button
- Click the Assign Providers line and check all colleagues who will create client invoices
- Click the Enable Service line and toggle the service to on/green
- Click Save
Any provider assigned to the Client Billing service can create an invoice. Your client will receive an alert, letting them know they have an invoice, but they will need to log into their Clocktree account to see the invoice and pay with their credit card.
- Log in to Clocktree and stay in your Provider role
- Click the Clients tab
- Click the client’s name to access their profile
- Click the Billing tab within their profile
- Click the Create Invoice button
- Enter a description, which the client will see, and the invoice amount
- Click Send Invoice