Our friends at Porch.com have compiled some very helpful tips for increasing your available internet speed. https://porch.com/advice/simple-wifi-tips-improve-internet-speed-lockdown
Clocktree recommends that providers and clients have a minimum internet speed of 5 Mbps for a reliable video and audio connection. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net.
In addition to the tips from Porch.com, here are some top troubleshooting tips for successful Clocktree calls:
- Restart your computer or mobile device just prior to the session and don’t open up other browser tabs or apps
- Reduce the number of people using the WiFi network, so all available bandwidth goes to the Clocktree call. Others on the same network should avoid streaming videos during the Clocktree call.
- If possible, connect the computer via ethernet cable instead of WiFi
- If using WiFi, go to a room where WiFi reception is good
- If on a mobile phone, switch between WiFi signal and data signal (4G, LTE) to see which is better. WiFi is usually stronger but not always.