The following is helpful information for clients who are using Clocktree for the first time.
Computer or Mobile Device Requirements
You can use Clocktree on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone as long as the device has a camera and microphone.
- Windows: Chrome (recommended), Edge, Firefox
- Mac: Chrome (recommended), Safari, Firefox
- iPhone and iPad: Safari. Must have iOS 11 or higher
- Android: Chrome or default browser
A reliable internet signal is required for video calls. To check your internet speed go to www.speedtest.net and click GO. A speed of over 5 Mbps for both download and upload is needed for your Clocktree call. To maximize your internet speed, restart your device and don’t open other apps or browser tabs. If possible, move closer to your WiFi router and turn off other devices using the same WiFi network.
Testing Camera and Microphone
You can test your camera, microphone and speakers from your Clocktree account.
- Log into http://www.clocktree.com with your email and the password you created when you registered.
- Click the person icon in the upper right
- Select Test Audio / Video
- If prompted for camera and microphone permission, click Allow or Yes
- You should be able to see yourself in the video window
- Click the Audio Test button and follow the instructions. You should see a green bar rising and falling as you speak.
- If anything is not configured correctly, please restart the computer or device and try the test again. If that fails, please follow the suggestions on the screen.
Connecting to your video appointment
Leading up to your video appointment, you might receive appointment reminders which include a quick link to the virtual appointment room. Click that link, login with your email and the password you created, then you’ll be in the right spot for your appointment. At appointment time you’ll hear a ring sound and you’ll be prompted to join the session.
If you did not receive an appointment reminder from Clocktree and you don’t see the appointment listed in your Clocktree account, your provider will call you using an instant call feature in Clocktree. To receive their call, you just need to be logged into your Clocktree account. You don’t have to be in any particular spot within your account. When your provider calls, you will hear a ring sound and you’ll be prompted to join the call.
- If using a smart phone, it’s a good idea to put your phone in Do Not Disturb mode before your call so you won’t be interrupted with calls or texts during your appointment. Incoming calls can sometimes interfere with the audio transmission in Clocktree.
- Restart your computer or device prior to your Clocktree call and don’t open other apps or browser tabs.
- Using headphones will help minimize any echo
Contacting your provider through Clocktree
When you log into your Clocktree account, you will see an information page for your practice including their phone number in the upper left. It will also include a button in the bottom right corner of their practice photo that says “Contact Us”. Click that to send a message to the practice. This won’t necessarily go directly to your provider, but to whoever the practice has assigned to handle inquiries such as a front desk person or scheduler.
If you receive a message from your provider through Clocktree you can view that by clicking My Record, then your Messages tab. You can respond to that message and your reply will go directly to your provider. Click View/Respond, then type your message at the bottom, attach files if needed, then click Send.